During our initial consultation, we will jointly agree on the fee and payment schedule.
I offer competitive counselling rates. I also offer a sliding scale (fees at a reduced price) for those that cannot afford my fee, and do not have insurance coverage. Please contact me for more details.
Fees for group sessions vary based on the type of group: e.g. follow-up, support, educational. Please see the group page for current groups that are being offered.
Counselling Services are not covered by OHIP, but they may be covered under a private health plan or employee group benefits plans. If you have insurance coverage, many insurance companies cover part or all of counselling.
Counselling services may be covered through plans/providers such as:
• Benefit plan through DND and RCMP
• Criminal Injuries Compensation Board (CICB)
• EAP providers
• Extended health benefit plans (e.g. Blue Cross, Great-West Life, Manulife, Empire Life, Sun Life, etc.)
• First Nations and Inuit Health Branch (FNIHB)
• Long–term disability (LTD) carriers
• Motor vehicle insurance benefits
• Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP)
• Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)
I am a registered social worker with a Master of Social Work Degree (MSW, RSW). If social workers are not currently covered under your plan, usually they can be added simply by asking.
Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
• Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
• Do my benefits cover registered social workers?
• What is my deductible and has it been met?
• How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
• What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
• Is a referral required from my primary care physician?
You can now claim any uninsured fees you pay to Registered Social Workers (RSW) on your Income Tax under "medical expenses.”
Payment for Sessions
Payment is required at each session in the form of cash or cheque, or email money transfer before the session. Payment by email money transfer is due before each virtual session. A receipt will be provided when payment is received.
To avoid being charged for a missed session, clients are requested to provide their therapist with 24 hours notice if they are unable to make a scheduled appointment.